It has been more than 100 years since the "New Imperialism" took place and there are still signs of the it. One thing is the European advancements. European advancements are still far more greater and developed than Africa is today. It's incredible, after all these years, to still see the major difference and how much less Africans have it. Another thing that I even have a problem with is how some people still believe in Social Darwinism. I can't even imagine how people can even compare other people to themselves like that. I don't even get it. Some thing that will always be affected my imperialism are the world's boundaries and regions. They are still divided and distributed. Some boundaries are still accurate from the imperialism. It's amazing to see that something that happened over 100 years ago is a major part of life today.

funny picture! great job here, Kylie -- a thoughtful response.
ReplyDelete